Serving Delaware County, Philadelphia and the Surrounding Areas
Representing generations since 1930
120 E State St., Media, PA 19063
1600 Market St.,Ste.1810 Phila, PA 19103
1515 Dekalb Pk., Blue Bell, PA 19422
The Law Firm of Furia and Turner has been handling personal injury claims, such as motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall accidents, workers’ compensation claims, and medical malpractice claims for more than four decades.
Listed below are just a sample of some of the matters that the firm has handled to either verdict or settlement. However, before choosing an Attorney to handle your personal injury claim you must keep in mind that it is not the size of the verdicts or settlements that an attorney secures for his client that should control your decision because any Attorney can secure a Three Million Dollar verdict or settlement for a case that actually may be worth Five Million Dollars. In choosing an Attorney you should be choosing an Attorney who knows how to present your claim to the jury or insurance company in such a way that you secure the full amount of your claim that you are entitled to because of your accident.
At Furia and Turner we are well known to the Courts in Philadelphia and all of the surrounding counties, as well as the insurance companies who will be defending the individual or company that caused your accident. These Courts and insurance companies hold Furia and Turner in the highest regard, as evident by the Firm’s AV rating by Martindale Hubbel, which is the highest rating available and was given to Furia and Turner by its peers, or other attorneys that are familiar with our firm. These Courts, and insurance companies, know Furia and Turner as a firm that will work to secure the full value of a client’s personal injury claim.
This is just an example of some of the matters Furia and Turner has handled and their resolutions by either verdict or settlement over the years.
Your calls are always answered - even on nights and weekends!
• Secured verdict of more than $1.5 million in 1985 involving a tractor trailer accident that also consisted of products liability claims.
• Secured verdict close to a million dollars in a 1987 matter that arose out of a medical negligence claim involving the failure to diagnoses a heart attack.
• Secured in excess of a million dollar settlement for a client that sustained knee injuries arising out of a fall at a construction site that involved suit against more than ten different parties
• Handled an underinsured motorist case that is now looked at as a landmark case in Pennsylvania and was decided by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
• Jury trial of a contract matter involving a statute of limitations claim and how it applies to leases. The case was decided by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and is now controlling law.
• Secured a one million dollar settlement in a claim alleging the connection of a multiple sclerosis diagnosis with a slip-and-fall at work.
• Resolved a negligence case in which the claimant was taken hostage and suffered only psychological damages for mid- six figures.
• Secured a mid-six-figure verdict in a construction accident case against multiple parties where the client sustained only a neck injury without surgery.
• Secured a mid-six-figure settlement in a underinsured motorist action involving claims against a large corporation that did not even have underinsured motorist coverage available to it at the time our client made the claim.
• Secured a six-figure verdict in a premises liability case involving a child who sustained a minor hand injury.
• Secured a six-figure verdict in a claim that alleged a motor vehicle accident caused the client to be diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
• Settled multiple slip-and-fall accidents in department stores and private residences, each in amounts far in excess of six figures.
• Secured a mid-six-figure settlement in a claim arising out of a slip-and-fall at a resort facility. The injury involved facial ticks that at the time were not generally recognized in the medical circles as being trauma related.
• Settled many complex workers' compensation cases that compensated the claimants for life. The disabilities in these cases included head, back, neck, knee, arm, and leg injuries, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
• Secured a mid-six-figure settlement in a case involving the failure of owners of a property abutting a waterway to provide a proper guard rail, causing the client's car to plunge into a river.
• Secured a half-million dollar settlement in a matter arising out of the client being exposed to fumes that caused the client to be burned over a small part of the client's body.
• Many of the cases that our firm has handled over the years, by way of settlement or verdict, which involved matters in excess of six figures and in excess of a million dollars cannot be discussed here because of the insistance on the responsible parties that the settlements or verdicts remain confidential and the disclosure of these matters here may very well violate the non-disclosure agreements that presently bind our clients